Last updated: 02-Jun-2017.
Generic Breathing exercise for all (This is a one stop breathing technique for ALL)
With these breathing exercises you would have got rid of ANXIETY / Asthma / Frequent cold cough and hearing and several other hidden problems. These breathing exercises also help in weight loss and you shall feel energetic after every such exercise. These breathing exercises also cured my Spasmodic torticollis which is an extremely painful chronic neurological movement disorder causing the neck to involuntarily turn to the left, right, upwards, and/or downwards. If you are diabetic, Asthmatic or with weight issues then this breathing exercise will help you manage them more realistically. Regardless of any issues one must performance this breathing exercise daily to feel the difference.
As always, I suggest that one must use necessary precautions and follow their own judgement when doing or performing some exercises mentioned in this blog. I have only mentioned exercises that I have practically used myself on day to day basis to get rid of chronic issues that I faced.
BEFORE YOU START BREATHING EXERCISE PLEASE CONSIDER FOLLOWING POINTS:
- Fast Inhale & Fast Exhale type of breathing will only make you light headed and will cause low blood pressure making you dizzy. This type of exercise will lower your CO2 in blood and thus will cause less O2 to be brought to blood and to cells.
- No matter how you look at it, the more oxygen you have in your body during and after exercise, the better you will perform and the faster you will recover!
- CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) is the mechanism we use to DIALTE and open up breathing path. Inhale from mouth shall be avoided. Co2 is also the carrier that brings O2 to cells. Each Co2 build exercise must be followed by O2 build breathing exercises.
- We build CO2 by holding/closing the nostril and we try to increase our CO2 tolerance by holding it as much possible (Minimum 45-60 seconds hold while sitting or at least 35-45 walking steps while holding the breath)
- If you have cardiovascular or heart related issues then you must perform breathing exercises moderately and gradually increase the hold count.
- You must perform exercise (1) followed immediately by exercise (2) to avoid CO2 (Carbon-Di-oxide) and O2(Oxygen) imbalance.
- Exercise 2 done in isolation shall help shift breathing to diaphragm which is the right way to breathe. This shall be done not more than 4 times before sleep as doing more will cause you to lose sleep on account of O2 increase.
EXERCISE (1) (STARTING FROM EXHALE, Build Co2) =======================================================
- Select a location either garden or near window where fresh air is available.
- Stand in a relaxed position, upright position. Take a small napkin for use.
- NOW EXHALE FROM NOSE to remove all air from lungs.
- HOLD or PINCH your NOSE and start BRISK WAKING from point A to point B and Point B to Point A. Count number of times you covered each point.
- Ideal hold time is minimum 45-60 seconds when done in sitting position and at least 35-45 Steps when done in walking from point A to Point B and reverse.
- YOU MUST Hold till STRONG URGE TO BREATH. Also during breathe hold during exercise (1) concentrate on stomach and not nostrils as you must feel your stomach filling up with hold air (co2) to get the max benefits. Release your nose only when you feel that your stomach can not take the pressure any more. Use your stomach power to decide the nose release. During the hold process feel the pressure building inside stomach and forget the nose pressure. Your stomach pressure (max) shall decide the release of nose.
- Release your nose, and do your breathing in a pattern as described in exercise (2) below. Do this exercise (2) for at least 8-12 times for each exercise(1) step
- For every step of exercise (1) you will perform minimum 8-12 steps of exercise (2) when releasing nostril after a pinch hold.
EXERCISE (2) Get your body more OXYGEN with help of Exercise-1 above ====================================================
- We will always breathe using this technique.
- Stand up straight in walking position Or, Lie on the floor or bed face up with knees slightly bent Or just sit down with torso in upright position.
- Close your mouth and prepare it to take deep inhale. You will notice your mouth taking a monkey like upper and lower jaws shape.
- Place your one hand lightly on your stomach and other hand on your chest.
- Take a forceful Deep inhale through NOSE using power of nose as if you are trying to reach the inhaled air to stomach area making sure stomach is inflated to maximum (explicitly) after each such powerful inhale. You shall hear a coarse noise with each inhale since you are doing a very forceful deep inhale taking in as much air possible in a single inhale.
- At the point when the stomach is complete inflated to maximum, hold for one (1) seconds before next forceful exhale with a snap.
- Let the stomach fall naturally when breathing out by relaxing the diaphragm.
- You must do minimum of 8-12 such deep inhale exhales when followed by breathing exercises (1) in morning. This will strengthen your upper jaw area and sensitive nostrils.
- Use power of your Nose and belly / Diaphragm to inhale air through nose for each step.
- Do exercise (2) in isolation for 4-5 (max) repeats just before sleep, before or after every meal to shift the breathing to diaphragm. You must explicitly inflate the stomach to maximum during each inhale.
- All the above steps in exercise-2, shall also be done also just before sleep (4-5 times maximum) and immediately after you wake up and also before you walk or even after every meal during initial period. This will help activate diaphragm breathing which is inactivated somehow as of now.
Okay just follow these steps (1-2)
- 3-4 times, perform exercise (1) immediately followed by exercise (2) as mentioned in exercise (1). For each exercise 1, you must perform 8-12 times of exercise 2.
- Also just before sleep (sleep on your back position)you must use exercise (2) in isolation [not with exercise (1)] (4-5 times maximum) to activate diaphragm. During this time Use power of your Nose & belly / Diaphragm to inhale as much air through nose for each step and making sure that chest is still and only belly is inflating to maximum. You must do this every day every time just before sleep and after you wake up (4-5 times max). You must explicitly inflate the stomach to maximum during each inhale.
- Also during breathe hold during exercise (1) concentrate on stomach and not nostrils as you must feel your stomach filling up with hold air (co2) to get the max benefits. Release your nose only when you feel that your stomach can not take the pressure any more. Use your stomach power to decide the nose release. During the hold process feel the pressure building inside stomach and forget the nose pressure. Your stomach pressure (max) shall decide the release of nose. Then, immediately you must follow this with O2 build exercise (2).